How do I get rid of this Virus message??

Manfatha 19:57 23 Feb 2004

Hi all, I recently bought a new HP computer after much greif with the previous pile of *[email protected]:e that i had, and on the new one i keep getting a message window which says WORM/LOVSAN.A IS FOUND IN FILE C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE(69EE390C-99FC-44T1-A384-45CF4B9BF7DE):\RP4\A0000938.exe
I use AVG as my main antivirus software, and I've ran it both manually & automatically to try and clear this message. It does'nt appear to be causing any problems within my system that I can tell, but I would like any tips on how to get rid of this so-called virus.

Thanks, Manfatha.

Chegs ® 19:59 23 Feb 2004

Turn off System Restore,recheck with AV,then if nothing shows,reinstate System Restore.

justme 20:11 23 Feb 2004

AVG cannot remove a virus from the sytem restore facility. As Chegs ® has indicated you will have to switch off the system restore and recheck. If everything is ok then switch on the system restore again.

I have a feeling that switching off the system restore loses all the previous restore points so check and if necessary make a new restore point in case you need it in the future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?