how do i get rid of this popup?

agent 47 09:19 02 Dec 2006

hi,
i keep getting pop ups everytime i connect to the net?
i am on broadband and i have windows xp pro, i have my windows pop up blocker on, and it usually is quite good at stopping popups but recently
when i first connect to a webpage for the first time,i get a popup everytime? i have -
zonealarm firewall,adaware pro,avg antivirus.
i have run scans with these but it still happens?
where is this pesky popup coming from? is there a program to search and find this popup and remove it?
thanks, agenthank.

VoG II 09:30 02 Dec 2006
  birdface 10:31 02 Dec 2006

Can your firewall not stop it, I use Kerio Firewall and it has a pop up blocker on it.I would imagine Zone Alarm would be the same.

bof:) 13:19 02 Dec 2006

Hi agent 47, I also use the kerio firewall that is used by buteman. They do a 30 day trial on their website,

click here

if the scanner suggested by VoG™, is unsuccessful then try the Kerio 30 day trial.

You have to uninstalled Zone Alarm first though because I think its not recommended torun 2 firewalls together on a PC.

Mike

JJCUK 13:43 02 Dec 2006

could also try

adaware and spybot both free

~PC Catastrophe~ 17:55 02 Dec 2006

I am curious if you have noticed any changes to your explorer screen? For instance a new toolbar or a different homepage.
If this is the case try CWShredder click here also a freebee. Running a quick clean-up on your pc prior to running spyware removal tools and antivirus programs can also be helpful. This can give you a quick overview of basic clean-up.
click here

zarobian 18:03 02 Dec 2006

Why don't you try Internet Explorer's pop blocker. Go to tools and select popup blocker and then "turn on popup blocker."
I am using IE7 but if you are not I am sure IE6 should have the same facility.

Z

agent 47 19:21 02 Dec 2006

thanks guys,
my popup blocker is on in IE,
and i now have mcafee anti-spyware,avg anti-s,w,
spybot, adaware se pro, and ive ran scans with all, but they find things and remove them, just not this damn popups?
theres no toolbars & no hijacking,
anything else to try?

VoG II 19:23 02 Dec 2006

Run HJT click here and post your log on the MWR forum click here

agent 47 08:20 05 Dec 2006

ok, ive posted my log.
im just waitin for the results.

mike1967 08:45 05 Dec 2006

What type of pop ups are you getting you don't mention it anywhere

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?