How do I get rid of DirectCD

Gretzky 13:55 08 Apr 2003

I recently upgraded my CD/RW and as a consequence the supporting software, from Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum to Nero 5.5.

Easy CD was uninstalled prior to the new installation however, I cannot install the InCD/Packet-Writing element of Nero that allows drag and drop. The pop up informs me that I need to uninstall DirectCD before this task can be completed.

I have tried every thing I can think of(which is not much for a novice) to cure this problem. Can anyone help, Please.

Desparate

Patr100 15:14 08 Apr 2003

Is it listed in add/remove programs in your control panel?

€dstow 15:21 08 Apr 2003

There used to be a little software gizmo on the Nero website that allowed InCD and Direct CD to live together in harmony.

From my own point of view, I wouldn't use either of them.

€d

tugboat 16:16 08 Apr 2003

which is the best software for burning cd's cdrw's? your help would be much appreciated. To the previous contributor

€dstow 16:26 08 Apr 2003

Hi.

I always use Nero. My comment about "I wouldn't use either of them" referred specifically to InCD and Direct CD.

I have used Easy CD Creator in the past and didn't like it, much preferring Nero.

InCD and Direct CD are "packet writing" programs which are supposed to enable a CDRW to work as a large floppy. In my experience they don't - all I've ever ended up with is a CDRW stuffed with data that I cannot access. So with that and the general unreliability I found with CDRW disks, I won't let them into my studio.

Note those comments refer to CDRWs. I use CDRs a lot for all sorts of things and would have problems without them now.

Hope that helps.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?