How do I get a little 1 above a word...

  Z1100 19:30 06 Dec 2006

For example I use the jargon JPEG but I want to use say TIFF in the same doc and I want the reader to have the extra information by referencing them both with a 1 and a 2 like the(c) for copyright but not that...


  Z1100 19:30 06 Dec 2006


  jack 19:35 06 Dec 2006

Look up 'sub text' in the help file

  Technotiger 19:36 06 Dec 2006

Hi, don't use Word much myself, but I believe it is under Insert scroll down to Symbols.

  rodriguez 19:36 06 Dec 2006

You can use the Character Map in Windows - Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools. Select MS Sans Serif as the font and you should see little 1's and 2's in there that you can copy and paste.

  Technotiger 19:37 06 Dec 2006

Or - I was about to say the same as Beta.

  mammak 19:39 06 Dec 2006

As ßeta said highlight the 1 and format > font > superscript.

  Z1100 19:58 06 Dec 2006

Thank you!

  Longhouse 20:37 06 Dec 2006

As an alternative, why not use the comment function to insert additional information.

use insert...comment

and it will allow you to enter comments. The commented text will be highlighted. When the cursor is hovered over the highlight, the comments becom visible in a "floating" box. Comments can also be edited.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?