how do i get inside my dell pc

plzhelp 19:05 22 Feb 2007

i have a dell dimension 4700 pc the dvd writer is broke and i have been told this is easy to replace.but i need to open both sides of my case one side is easy just unscrew but the other appears to be riveted.does anyone know how to open up the case so i can change the dvd writer/player

Ginge1980 19:13 22 Feb 2007

This might be of some help...click here

SLAYER 19:32 22 Feb 2007

Have you tried just taking off the one side then taking out the screws to your DVD writer that you can see and see if it slides out?

I should know the solution to this but its been quite a while since I've worked on one that did not have screws both sides.I will give it some thought and get back to you.
Hopefully someone else will come along with the answer sooner.

Could you post a picture of the rear or your PC perhaps.

Totally-braindead 20:32 22 Feb 2007

If there are no screws in the back that hold the sides on it could be the sides come off from the front.
I had a Dell like that and it took me quite some time to work out how to get into it.
Unfortunatly I can't remember the number of it but with this one I found that the front pulled off once you released 2 little levers which were in a gap in the front and were extremely differcult to see and were a nightmare to get at. Once the front came off the side panels slid to the front and then off.
But there are quite a few different cases this might not be the same as yours.

Sapins 20:44 22 Feb 2007

Have a look at the users manual on their site, I think it tells you how to change practically any component.

Sapins 09:43 23 Feb 2007

How did you do it?

yaesu 19:59 26 Feb 2007

On my year old 1100 ther manuals on the cd that came with the machine. I changed my cd for a dvd and it had only 2 screws so no need to get to the apparently unremovable side. Hope this helps, regards, yaesu

yaesu 20:06 26 Feb 2007

Sorry, here's a better way.
click start, then my computer,double click c drive. from now all are double clicks, dell; docs; manual; eom. this is a pdf file so you'll need adobe reader or better foxit reader to read it. Good luck, yaesu

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017