How do i get dust out of my pc?

Klappers 15:47 13 Dec 2005

This probably sounds like a stupid question but i'm really not sure how to get rid of all the dust thats built up inside my computer. I've been told that you shouldn't use a duster or a vacuum cleaner because of static so how are you meant to get it out? Thanks.

Doire_Bhoy 15:48 13 Dec 2005

To clean ALL parts of a computer click here

woodchip 16:31 13 Dec 2005

You can get a mini computer vac, runs on battery's

sharkfin 16:55 13 Dec 2005

Cheap and free way: Stick the open ended vacuum cleaner pipe just inside the case but dont touch anything. Then blow hard into all the dusty areas. The vacuum cleaner should be able to suck away all the blown dust and hey presto...clean inside. Another way is to buy a can of conpressed air and blow it that way.

Taff™ 17:37 13 Dec 2005

Buy a paintbrush (NOT a nylon one - Natural Fibre) Disconnect the computer from the mains and gently brush! Then as above.

Totally-braindead 18:46 13 Dec 2005

Make sure the paint brush is a new one and don't use it for anything else to be sure its free of contaminents. Regards the vaccuum cleaner if you have a really new one such as a Dyson be very, very careful of putting it anywhere near your PC as some of them are so powerful there is a risk it can damage the components. I use the hoover on the outside through the case fan and brush all the dust free with a new clean paint brush making sure that the PC is disconnected from the mains before I begin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?