How do i format a Zoostorm g31 VB M8 system?

Pinky82 18:34 01 Feb 2011

I bought my Zoostorm G31 VB M8 system over 2 years ago. My system has been running slow lately so i dedided i need to format it. The only problem is i don't have a disc as my windows vista was pre installed. Does anyone have any idea how else i can format this system? Thanks

northumbria61 19:30 01 Feb 2011

Are you confusing a format with a restore (back to factory settings) - I ask the question as you say it came with Vista pre-installed which suggests to me that there is a "hidden partition" which puts everything back to how it was when it left the factory - ie: how it was when you bought it.

There are instructions here for doing that click here - it relates to a different model but the procedure should be the same.

First you need to back up all of your data - ie.documents,pictures, etc. - After a restore you will need to reinstall all of your software and windows updates plus any up-to-date drivers that you may need.

Pinky82 19:33 01 Feb 2011

Yes i meant retsore to factory settings lol Sorry i'm not all that computer savvy. I will try what you have suggested. thank you :)

northumbria61 19:35 01 Feb 2011

"My system has been running slow lately so i dedided i need to format it".

There are lots of other things to try before doing a restore (do that as a last resort) as it is a few hours job.

My first suggestion would be to Download, Install/Run "ccleaner" from here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?