How do I fix my bluetooth

davecartman 09:32 07 Oct 2017
Answered

My Dicota bluetooth mouse has stopped working, the laptop does not recognise it even though it has been working for months. I have tried it with another laptop and that one recognises the mouse so it seems it could be a fault with the laptop. My problem is I have no idea where to look to find and fix the problem. Laptop is Toshiba satellite pro with windows 7. Any help would be appreciated.

difarn 13:27 07 Oct 2017

I assume you have checked that Bluetooth has not been switched off on the laptop? Can you confirm this by clicking on FN and F8 keys simultaneously? You could try uninstalling the mouse and reinstalling it. Remove receiver (assume you have a nano receiver plugged into one of your usb slots) Click on windows icon bottom left of screen - type in Device Manager, Click on it and scroll down to mice and other pointing devices - double click and there should be a drop-down list - choose which is your mouse - right click - uninstall then try to reinstall by inserting the bluetooth receiver.

davecartman 14:38 07 Oct 2017

Difarn. Thanks for your post, pressing FN and F8 did nothing how else can I check that bluetooth is on I did not know it could be switched off. I have tried reconnecting the mouse but the laptop does not 'find'it. I do not have a usb receiver, it does not seem to need one.

difarn 21:40 07 Oct 2017
Answer

Sometimes the bluetooth switch is shared with the wireless switch which I think is located on the front of the laptop.

Go to device manager - start button bottom left - type device manager - see if bluetooth radio is listed and if so double click to get dropdown list - double click on generic bluetooth radio and it should say under general tab that the device is working properly - click on the driver tab and choose update driver.

It could be that the Bluetooth stack for your laptop needs updating. You will need to find the relevant one for your particular model.

davecartman 08:05 08 Oct 2017

Don't know why but the mouse is suddenly working. Thanks difarn for your advice I will look into what you say and see if I can sort out what happened.

difarn 18:25 08 Oct 2017

Glad it's sorted

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017