how do i find out if i have spyware on my pc

User-AC60A56C-3D64-471A-8E3565D05CF4B398 23:18 30 Sep 2003

my computer is running slow ,i've deleted cookies and temporary internet files ,defragged and its still running slow ,someone told me i could have spyware on my hardrive without knowing it ,how do i find out if theres any spyware please.

Forum Editor 23:30 30 Sep 2003

So I'll transfer it now.

powerless 23:33 30 Sep 2003

Scan with adaware click here and spybot click here

Download, Install, Update, scan and remove. Watch what you delete with spybot.

Mr Tinkles II 23:35 30 Sep 2003

find and down load spybot from the pc advisor download site, this should help you find any spyware. the other solution is adaware cant find the link at the minute though!

VoG II 23:37 30 Sep 2003

Powerless is invisible! LOL!

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:54 01 Oct 2003

an online scan go here click here It will take a few minutes, but may suprise you. I run Adaware,Spybot,Spywareguard, and spywareblaster, but the above scan still revealed more spyware on my computor.

It will not remove it, but it will tell you where it is located for you to remove manually.

Good luck, Whiz...

wawadave 05:09 01 Oct 2003

d/l spybot search and destroy,update it,run it.
and update ad-ware after d/ling it.

expertec 09:06 01 Oct 2003

SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for spyware - it prevents it from ever being installed.

click here

abc77 10:12 01 Oct 2003

Do you mean while are you surfing the internet? We have the same problem. Spybot won't cure the problem. See the dicussion of internet speed by Hughbeaver. At the end, I have done a clear installation to resolve it. You need to pay more attention while you are browsing some sites. If it pops up with a message to install something the you don't know, either you click Yes or No, it will still be installed to your PC. I usually use ALT CTRL DEL to remove the webpage, but you gotta to be fast enough,even in a few seconds without your response, it will be installed in your PC. These programs even get through your firewall.

powerless 19:26 01 Oct 2003

I must be invisable!

Jester2K II 19:38 01 Oct 2003

Don't worry. At least you answered the question -unlike some...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017