How do I extend digital tv?

Big Stu 22 07:16 11 Jul 2013

Hello everyone

Bear with me, this is my first post on this forum. I suspect similar, if not identical questions have been asked before, but here goes anyway...

I want to send my Virgin TiVo digital tv signal from my main television to a second one. I have read that various technologies could possibly do this, ranging from wireless senders and receivers to Homeplug/Powerline. I'm slightly restricted in that where I want to locate the second tv is on a separate electrical ring main to that into which the main tv and TiVo box plugs. This is due to the nature of a recent extension but I may be able to overcome that.

That said, my questions are: would Homeplug/Powerline work (if I can overcome the two separate ring mains issues), does it carry a digital tv signal? Can I control the tv channels back on the TiVo box through a Homeplug/Powerline set-up? Which is best, Homeplug or Powerline? If I go down the wireless sender route, can anyone recommend some good products, there seem tone so any at a range of prices! Can I also control tv channels back on the TiVo box thought the wireless receiver?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards Stuart

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?