How do I download photos on to a website

geek84 10:47 24 Feb 2011

Hi Folks

I have some photos that I have taken using an ordinary 35mm camera. I would like to download them on to a website.

Can someone please tell me the procedure for doing this?

Do I need to take the photos again using a digital camera in order to download them on to the website?

Many Thanks

NewestRoyWidd1 11:23 24 Feb 2011

The only way I can think of is for you to scan the prints into your pc,save the scanned files into a folder where you can find them easily,then just upload them to the site.

Clapton is God 11:36 24 Feb 2011

Agree with NewestRoyWidd1.

And please note that you upload TO a website and download FROM a website. ;-)

Peter 11:47 24 Feb 2011

Some flatbed scanners have adaptors that allow you to scan slides and negatives and there are stand-alone negative and slide scanners available.

The files built from scanning negatives can require quite a bit of work getting the colours right (removing the orange mask) and adjusting contrast and brightness.

As already suggested it might be easier to scan a good quality print where all the correction work has already been done for you by the printer.

Peter.

bremner 12:00 24 Feb 2011

You do not need to retake the pictures onto a digital camera but if you want quality then retaking with a digital camera may be the best bet.

Imperfections, smears and dirt on the glass of a scanner, even one cleaned, will be highlighted when you scan any printed picture.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?