how do i do this

jimmer409® 15:08 24 Dec 2006

trying to update the firmware on my old cd-rw, got the new bin file, but how do i do this? close Windows system and reboot by Dos mode:
Step4:

Rtus 15:12 24 Dec 2006

if youve downloaded the firmware update ,go back to where you downloaded from & look for the Directions, sure to be there somewhere.generally links on the download page.

jimmer409® 15:21 24 Dec 2006

Execute "update v160D.bin" under real DOS mode., that's the instruction and that's what i'm asking, how is this done. clueless about ms dos?

SANTOS7 15:31 24 Dec 2006

Optical drives rarely need firmware updates as the only drivers you really need are the generic ones supplied by your Operating system, Plus the fact, if you do it wrong or the process is disturbed in any way you can render your drive useless..

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:34 24 Dec 2006

The only possible reason to update firmware on a player is for power calibration problems.

If your not having these problems then the risk of rendering the drive usless is just not woth it.

jimmer409® 15:42 24 Dec 2006

thanks all, i'll hold off on the update, but would still like the question answered, how do you reboot to ms dos?

SANTOS7 15:47 24 Dec 2006

click here
happy holiday jimmer409®

Stuartli 15:52 24 Dec 2006

See:

click here

However, I would support Fruit Bat /\0/\ in that if anything goes wrong you could very well have an unusable rewriter.

Make sure that you have any instructions written down first before attempting to update the firmware.

I did once update my then TDK CyClone 24x10x40x rewriter's firmware, but it was far more straightforward.

Even so I had everything crossed until the update was successfully completed...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?