How do i disable the widget on startup ?

Winxx 21:22 13 Nov 2007

Hi, i have an acer laptop, just wondering how to disable that annoying little widget in the corner of the screen, it always comes back after a restart...

Cheers.

woodchip 21:28 13 Nov 2007

You most likely find that it's a Custom BIOS and it will not let you remove it, You can check in BIOS as you can on some disable LOGO's from starting

Winxx 22:00 13 Nov 2007

Ive done it before tho, i cant remember how, it was very easy i know that.

All i did was stop it from appearing, but it was still in the taskbar which is fine.

Winxx 16:13 15 Nov 2007

Still unable to work out how to disable this thing, if anyone has any idea please post.

MAJ 16:20 15 Nov 2007

Not being an ower of an Acer laptop, I don't know what the 'widget' is or looks like, but have you checked Msconfig to see if there is an entry in there corresponding to it?

Winxx 16:25 15 Nov 2007

Thanks for the reply MAJ.

I just checked and it seems very difficult to determine which one exactly is the widget...

I know there is an easier way of doing this, i hope someone with an acer comes along soon :)

Winxx 16:25 15 Nov 2007

Thanks for the reply MAJ.

I just checked and it seems very difficult to determine which one exactly is the widget...

I know there is an easier way of doing this, i hope someone with an acer comes along soon :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?