How do i disable onboard graphics

sunny staines 17:15 07 May 2006

I have added a geforce 2 graphics card [AGP]

but cannot find the option to disable on board graphics using FOXCONN M/board with SIS chipset.

found and disabled sound ok but lost on the graphics.

ade.h 17:23 07 May 2006

Does the BIOS section of your motherboard's manual not mention it?

What's the BIOS type and revision number? Maybe I can find some instructions for it.

Totally-braindead 17:26 07 May 2006

As ade.h said need more info motherboard - model number, some motherboards automatically disable the onboard when they detect an AGP card so there might not be an option to disable it.

I presume from this posting your sound is now ok. If so could you tick it as resolved.

Noldi 17:26 07 May 2006

is it not a jumper setting on the motherboard?

Strawballs 17:57 07 May 2006

As Noldi said get your MOBO manual out of a magnifying glass and see if it is a jumper I had 1 that was dissabled in that manner.

woodchip 18:15 07 May 2006

You may not be able to disable, other than in Device Manager

Strawballs 18:26 07 May 2006

Sorry should have read "or a magnifying glass"

sunny staines 18:49 07 May 2006

thanks guys I have gone from bad to worse here.

MY FOXCOMM manuel says for sis 661fx7mi, 661fx7mi, 648fx7mi, 648c7mi.

it has on board sound & graphics which worked ok. but i put in a nvidia agp4 32 ram pci card and latest driver from nvidia.worked ok temp

and a audigy 2 pci sound card.with latest drivers.

problems: when booting up it pc fails showing nvidia 08.00 ram instead of 32 ram, i then boot into last know good configaration to get booted.

having disabled on board sound & ac97 software the sound will not work with the Audigy software as if windows has not recognised the card.

sorry for the story.

Totally-braindead 18:57 07 May 2006

The sound, did you install the software for your new sound card after you disabled the onboard sound as this may make a difference.
Anyone know the web address for the Foxcomm website?
And could you perhaps have a look at the motherboard itself, somewhere on it it will tell you which board it is if you're able to get at it.

sunny staines 19:07 07 May 2006

totallybrained yes disabled the sound in the bios then install creative driver from cd followed by internet update. creative detected the sound card and auto installed the drivers. but deice manager shows yellow icons, and hardware wizard keeps flagging up.

i have read through the cd manuel which was of no help

sunny staines 19:11 07 May 2006

i have temp reverted back to on board sound and reinstalled drivers that will not work now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?