How do I delete a program that does not appear in?

SANAP 23:03 17 Dec 2008

I decided to update the drivers to my creative audighy 2 soundcard and it has turned into a nightmare ie my speakers no longer work. I have unistalled everything, took sound card etc but at a certain stage the install fails. I want to try one more time but now the programm does not show in the add remove panel but it does appear in all programs list. And I can find the files on c drive. BUT how do I uninstall them?? I could just delete them but will that be suffucient? Or will my last resort be a windows re-install?

I am gutted.

sanap

DieSse 23:53 17 Dec 2008

Delete the files you find on the C drive. Then run CCleaner - this should scan the registry for un-needed entries (as well as other redundant files on the computer.)

Then try the re-install.

click here

Technotiger 09:05 18 Dec 2008

If DieSse's suggestion is not successful - use click here to do the un-install. During the process you will be asked if you want to re-start your computer, DO NOT restart, let Revo continue. When you get the option to Select All and to Delete All, DO SO. After clicking on Finish re-start your computer.

SANAP 15:02 18 Dec 2008

Thanks both, I'll give it one last go and report back.

sanap

SANAP 18:56 18 Dec 2008

Well I cleared everything out aand used revo etc. Then in safe mode loaded drivers, then srated to laod the other bits ie speaker settings got to 60% and pc hung. I re-started using last know configuration, got speaker icon and 2 channel sound but I cant access the speaker settings software. Taking a break.

sanap

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?