How do I delete a .dll file?

father_gapon 21:47 31 Jan 2015

I just need to delete this file, but every time I try, it tells me that the file is open in windows explorer. Does anyone know why this didn't work?

C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\ExpressZip>regsvr32 -u ezcm64.dll

It came up with the message:

"The module ezcm64.dll was loaded but the entry-point DLLUnregisterServer was not found. Make sure that ezcm64.dll is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

AroundAgain 22:10 31 Jan 2015

Please don't delete any .dll files. As far as I know, they are all part and parcel of a program.

I'm sure someone with far more knowledge and experience than I have will advise further but I'm sure it's best advice, certainly for now, not to delete any .dll file!

I think, in the first instance, I would uninstall, then re-install, this program then see if it solves the problem.

As I have mentioned, someone with better knowledge and experience, will be along and can advise further.

rdave13 00:04 01 Feb 2015

Run the free version of Cleaner. It removes redundant .dll files left over after a security program has run or an inefficient uninstaller has run.

If the error report had cleared after running Ccleaner then I suggest running your security program/s in safe mode just to be sure you don't have a virus/malware on board.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros