How do I deal with a Windows Live mail problem?

jaykprime 20:02 21 Oct 2013

I have an intermittent problem with Windows Live Mail. Sometimes I can go for days, even weeks without it happening other times, like yesterday, it happens several times in the day. Basically what happens is that a lot of the detail gets 'blacked out', as if someone has applied a black "highlighter"! The Header bar is visible, as is the list of emails. Everything else is just 'Blacked out'! If I knew how to do it I could attach a Screen dump that I've put into a Word document, illustrating what happens. When it occurs ALL I can do is to close down Windows Live Mail, and any open emails, wait a while and then re-open Windows Live Mail and hope that the problem is finished for the day. Any help/ideas gratefully received.

iscanut 16:40 22 Oct 2013

I seem to remember this from some time back.Go into Task Manager, Services and look for WLIDSVC. This is normally set to running, but if you click on Running and select Stop Service this may help. Don't know why, but this worked at the time for the poster ! If no change to your problem, re-set to Running. To get to Services, do a Ctrl/Alt/Del keystroke and then select Start Task Manager.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?