how do i deal with this virus?

pitcairn 20:48 26 Jul 2008

When starting up,desktop displays this message.
Run DLL
Error loading users\Appdata\Local\Temp\IjJYOCFXdll.
Specified module could not be found. The desk also seems to be brighter blue.
Can anyone help please?

p;3 22:25 26 Jul 2008

what windows version are you running and what protection programs including your antivirus program have you so far run ?

spuds 23:15 26 Jul 2008

Have you used a registry cleaner, or uninstalled/downloaded any programs recently?.

C3 01:49 27 Jul 2008

You have been infected by something, but one of the files that is trying to run at startup is no longer there.

Run the Malwarbytes program and Superantispyware a couple of times and that should rid you of any lingering infection.

Once you are happy that the PC is clean, you'll need to go into msconfig and change the Startup settings.

pitcairn 10:12 27 Jul 2008

Thank you for your responses. Have used Avasti and found and isolated two viruses. Then used Syware Terminator to destroy.How do I msconfig and change start settings? Is it neccessary?

brundle 11:48 27 Jul 2008

Not if you don't get the error message any more. Personally I prefer this for start up management, it won't bug you after you change things and it allows you to restore deleted entries if required. click here

DieSse 23:44 27 Jul 2008

Really neat prog I've never spotted before - many thanx.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?