How do I deal with a file ending in .rar?

Triprajul 21:20 18 May 2010

Greetings:

I like to watch foreign films and I found this website which seems to have lots of foreign films. It is click here

However, I don’t understand how it works. For example, I want to watch Rear Window by Alfred Hitchcock at click here I would like to download this film and watch it later. This film seems to be in eight parts and each part ends in .rar like this click here

What does .rar mean? Finally, a friend told me that I need a program called WINrar to open this type of file. Is this correct? If this is correct, I know that this is a program I must buy. Is there another program on the Web just as good but free? Any information is greatly appreciated.

VoG II 21:24 18 May 2010
  Miké 22:03 18 May 2010

Typically with rar files if the file is in multiple archives, then clicking on the first will extract all automatically.

Triprajul 03:38 19 May 2010

Greetings:

I downloaded 7-Zip 9.13 beta (2010-04-15) for Windows, a program suggested by VOG. By the way, was this a good choice or should I have gone for an older version? Also, do I simply download the files ending in .rar and then use 7-Zip to open them or does 7-Zip have to be used some how to download the files in the first place?

Technotiger 07:45 19 May 2010

One can always trust VoG™ ... just download the rar files as normal, then click on the downloaded rar files icon. 7-Zip is great and works automatically on the zipped files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?