How do I clear certain drop down box info

montyburns 16:15 15 Sep 2004

Just set up a new phpBB board, and in the process, set up one or two "phoney" accounts (over and above my "real" admin account) so I could test certain elements

Problem is now, when I go to log in properly, when I key in the first letter of my real login, a whole load of useless ones come up too! (also older entries from login's on other sites)

I guess this is something to do with cookies? How do I clear the one I don't want without wiping all the cookies on the PC (I want to keep some most used ones...)?

All advice appreciated!

Baledor 16:21 15 Sep 2004

Don't know about PHP, but in ASP there is a non W3C authorised parameter call 'autocomplete = "off"', maybe they have the same for PHP?

Suzuki ITFC 16:40 15 Sep 2004

do you mean the autocomplete list. If so highlight the thing you want to delete by hovering over it with your mouse cursor then press delete. I hope this helps

montyburns 18:07 15 Sep 2004

I suppose I sort of did mean the auto-complete thing (like when you go into Google, type "d" and all the "d's" you've ever looked up appear!)

Tried what you suggested about "select" then "delete" and....... IT WORKED!!

Really simple and obvious! Many, many thanks!

"Don't know about PHP, but in ASP there is a non W3C authorised parameter call 'autocomplete = "off"', maybe they have the same for PHP?"

(not sure, but looking into it!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?