How do I Check if I have set system restore

prince midas 10:25 04 Aug 2009

I have forgotten if I have set system restore.
How do I check it.

Stuartli 10:30 04 Aug 2009

Right click on My Computer>Properties>System Restore tab>Settings button.

If you have a large capacity drive, reduce the Default setting from 12 per cent to one or two per cent (the space reserved is given in MB).

prince midas 10:35 04 Aug 2009

StuartLi I am not sure if I have actually got system restore set.Can I give me a bit more information please.

prince midas 10:43 04 Aug 2009

When I get into properties it gives me 6 choices advanced,auto update,remote,general,computor name,hardware but no system restore, What am I doing wrong.I am on XP.

BRYNIT 11:02 04 Aug 2009

Go to start/all program/accessories/system tool/system restore this will open system restore. If you have system restore off it should tell you.

Stuartli 11:28 04 Aug 2009

Going to System Restore via Start etc merely brings you back to the Settings panel available via My Computer.

You can also reach System Restore via Start>Run>(type)msconfig>OK>Tools tab>scroll down to System Restore (this is, IIRC, with an XP SP3 system).

Also see:

click here

click here

prince midas 11:52 04 Aug 2009

I did as you said but it looks like System Restore is not setup and I think I will leave it that way for the time being.
I can find no mention of it anywhere and when I click on system restore it says restart pc and try again with no luck.

Stuartli 13:06 04 Aug 2009

Go to Start>Run>(type)services.msc>OL.

The Services panel will be available.

Scroll down to System Restore Service, left click on the line and change the setting to Automatic.

It would appear it's Disabled.

Stuartli 13:07 04 Aug 2009

>>Go to Start>Run>(type)services.msc>OL.>>

Should read OK at the end.

ened 13:35 04 Aug 2009

"System Restore is not setup and I think I will leave it that way for the time being."

Maybe you are using other methods to retrieve your system if you have a problem.

If not I would strongly suggest you make sure System Restore is activated.

To make sure: after turning it on {as per Stuartli instructions} go into it and create a Reatore Point manually.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?