how do i change a movie in windows media

ocsey 10:02 18 Feb 2003

I've got a CD with a movie clip on it and want to know how to change it to mpeg or vcd to play on my DVD player.I am using windows media player v9 and realplayer but neither seem to be able to change the format

Dearersteak 10:07 18 Feb 2003

what kind of format is the clip in at the moment? Are you able to wacth it off your hard drive for exmaple?

And also, i'm assuming you have a CD-RW. What soft ware do you use with it???

ocsey 10:14 18 Feb 2003

all it says is movie clip where you would normally have mpeg etc .I'm using NTI CDmaker

MichelleC 11:53 18 Feb 2003

You may find this a good source of avi, divx, mpeg file conversion info: click here (link not working at moment).

It could be several reasons why it's not playing in your dvd. (Is it standalone or rom?)

letitbleed 12:00 18 Feb 2003

Try click here ,this is the same site as MichelleC posted above but has been renamed

powerless 12:03 18 Feb 2003

Windows media player and Realplayer cannot change the format of a video file...

You can change the format using a program that allows this...

If you have a CDRW drive no doubt it would have been shipped with burning software, Nero or Roxio come to mind...

Nero - There is nothing in nero that can change the format (that i know of) of a video file.

Roxio - OR "Easy CD Creator" - Most liekly to be the basic version. The basic version has "Video Impression" as blanked out - in other words you cannot use it. If its the platimun version then you can use Video impression to change the format and also to burn the CD...

click here this will convert most files then just use the burning software to burn the video.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?