How do i change mobile phone supplier

packettracer 14:05 30 Jul 2006

I'm fed up with the service i'm getting with o2 & want to switch to Orange. I'm on pay-as-you-go and want to carry on this way.

What do i have to do to change over & keep my mobile number? Any help would be great.

Forum Editor 14:43 30 Jul 2006

in the Helproom. I'll move it now.

Stuartli 14:57 30 Jul 2006

I've used Virgin Mobile since August 2000 on PAYG (it uses the T-Mobile network but charges less) and it will accept your current number and phone. See:

click here

for details.

pj123 15:01 30 Jul 2006

Watching. Although I'm not having any problems with O2 it's still worth knowing how to change if I need to in the future.

Wouldn't be a problem for me to change numbers though as only 4 people know my mobile number.

FelixTCat 15:20 30 Jul 2006

There is only one real issue: whether or not your phone is locked to o2. You can easily test this by putting in a sim from any other mobile phone. If it works, your phone is unlocked; f it doesn't, your phone is locked.

Unlocking a phone is legal (UNBLOCKING is not!!) and with many phones you can do it yourself; others can be done for about £10 at many shops, market stalls etc.

The follow stuartli's link.

Regards,

Felix

packettracer 18:07 30 Jul 2006

Sorry, my mistake.

Thanks for you help.

6mfan 21:02 30 Jul 2006

I would love to know how to do this and it Doesn't matter if it goes wrong it is an old Nokia

Thanks

Des

terryf 21:06 30 Jul 2006

Try a Google 'unlock my mobile phone'

Stuartli 22:04 30 Jul 2006

My current phone was used with O2 by my daughter (a Nokia 3310), which she gave to me after obtaining a new one.

I swapped the SIM from my Philips Savvy to the Nokia, configured it, and it immediately connected with the Virgin network...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?