How do I burn VCD's to play on my DVD Player?

Limpoet 23:19 30 Dec 2003

Hi

I have recently bought MS Plus! Digital Media Edition as it can burn VCD Photo Slideshows for playback on my DVD.

So far it has burned to disk but hte DVD player only shows the Root as a folder and does not play the disk as a VCD.

A search at MS Knowledgebase has shown that there are known problems with the software and certain similar CD-RW Drives (although mine is not mentioned).

No solution is offerred other than contacting the relevant manufacturer (Mat*[email protected]:a/Panasonic) in this case.

Panasonic are not interested and have referred me to my laptop maker, Dell. After numerous e-mails (routed to India I think!?), non of which appear to have been read I am giving up trying to find out if there is a fix/patch or workaround.

I would be very grateful if anybody has any suggestions for what might get the software to burn a VCD playable on my home DVD (I have checked that my DVD will play VCD's).

I am burning using Maxell CD-RW's.

I am using a Dell Inspiron 1100, with 256MB RAM, 20GB HDD and Intel Celeron 2.4GHz with WinXP Home as the OS. The CD-RW Drive is Mat*[email protected]:a UJDA 740. All software, drivers and firmware is current and up to date.

night flyer 23:25 30 Dec 2003

Try downloading a demo version of Nero.

night flyer 23:34 30 Dec 2003

Here's a link for you to read click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017