How do I burn an ISO file?

miss stella 19:19 03 Jan 2007

I recently followed instruction from the forum and downloaded Vist beta onto my hard drive. Then with more help made a new partition and burnt the downloaded ISO file onto a DVD. I installed Vista OK.
Now I want to make a new installation disc from another ISO file I have downloaded (not Visa)but try as I may I cannot get the file to burn onto a new DVD, I have tried 3 different brands of DVD including RW but the software refuses to work, it just says Unwritable disk, I did it somehow before. Can anybody tell me how and if I can download sofware which will do the trick.

Help!!!
Thanks
Stella.

thms 19:27 03 Jan 2007

I use nero for burning. To burn iso go to recorder select burn image then select your iso file click burn.

You may be better using a cd rather than a dvd.
Vista is only on dvd because of its size.
Most programs will fit a standard cd.

sean-278262 19:31 03 Jan 2007

CDburner XP - click here
Img Burn - click here

Both available free.

Former has more on offer but a larger download
Latter lighter and easier to use

miss stella 19:33 03 Jan 2007

Thanks thms,
I only have DLA software and for some funny reason it worked before, I followed the instructions I was given on this forum and downloaded software by Fienman (I think) but DLA came into it somewhere.

Thanks
Stella.

miss stella 20:03 03 Jan 2007

Thanks Creature of the Nite,
Sorry I must have posted m last reply at the same time as you and missed yours.
Am on with it now.
Thanks all.

Stella

Strawballs 20:20 03 Jan 2007

Can recomend CD Burner xp pro

BRYNIT 21:30 03 Jan 2007

How big is this file? If the file is small enough to fit on a CD try burning to a CD. CD ISO's will not burn to DVD's.

miss stella 21:49 03 Jan 2007

My thanks to all of you for your replies.
The file was 12Mb and it was burnt to a cd and the program installed fine. I am still confused as to why Vista went on a DVD with the same set up.
Thanks again,
Stella

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone