How do I add programs to right click menu?

tye 16:55 09 Jun 2008

When I right click on a file I'm able to scan it with
AVG and a2, but I also have Adaware, Spybot S&D and other malware detection items on my computer. How can I add these to the right click menu? Thanks -
Tye

GaT7 17:45 09 Jun 2008

Try the free Fast Explorer click here.

If the above doesn't work (or doesn't work as expected), there's a manual method that involves editing the registry - see click here & look under 'For folder icons'. G

NOTE: Make sure to backup your registry before making any changes, & learn how to restore it if anything goes wrong or your PC won't boot.

Technotiger 18:39 09 Jun 2008

I have not used this, nor even looked at it, but it is a software tool to edit the right-click menus. click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:19 09 Jun 2008
  Technotiger 19:31 09 Jun 2008

Snap !!

Sea Urchin 19:38 09 Jun 2008

I don't see the similarity :@)

Technotiger 20:22 09 Jun 2008

Both links are for FileMenu Tools!

tye 03:31 10 Jun 2008

I've been fighting with FileMenu for a while, & tho
interesting, it won't let me put a number of progs.
on all context menus. Seems slightly buggy. Many nice features tho. I haven't yet tried Fastexplorer, & I'm terrified to touch the registry
but thanks for the warnings C7. You 3 have been
more helpful than pages of a Google search (M$, dev-
eloper stuff, all way over my head), so thanks. I'll keep looking. Cheers -Tye

Switcher 06:28 10 Jun 2008

^

Technotiger 07:13 10 Jun 2008

If/when you bite the bullet and decide to dive into the Registry, it is a very simple matter to create a new Restore Point first.

Before creating your Restore Point make sure your computer is as clean as possible (and I don't mean Brasso or Windolene) - make sure all Anti Virus etc is all up to date, in IE go to Tools>Internet Options and Delete Cookies and Delete Files, empty your Recycle bin and delete any bits and pieces you no longer want. Then create your Restore Point - even if you don't need to use that Restore Point, it is nice to know that one has a nice clean Restore Point to return to at any time anyway, if things go pear-shaped!

magnus35 11:57 10 Jun 2008

To Add To Send To Menu

1. Click Start then Run .
2. In the OPEN box type send to - click ok .
3. Add a destination by either -
a) Use drag and drop to move required item to send to folder - r/click then create shortcuts here .
or b) Point to NEW on the FILE menu and then click shortcut .
A new shortcut is created in the send to folder and is displayed on the send to menu .

NOTE
To open the send to folder you can also perform the following -
1. Click Start then My Computer .
2. Double click drive for windows (usually C) .
3. If you cannot see items on hard drive when opened then , under system tasks , click show contents of this drive .
4. Double click Documents and Settings folder .
5. Double click folder of user .
6. Double click send to folder .
7. Send to folder is hidden by default - if not visible then , on Tools menu , click Folder Options - View - show Hidden Files and Folders .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?