how do i add a drive letter

keelo44 10:36 18 Jan 2006

i have added a 2nd hard drive, how do i add that drive letter to the " send to " option when i right click from my C drive folder

bremner 10:39 18 Jan 2006

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Sendto. Put a shortcut to your new drive in there.

bremner 17:33 18 Jan 2006

"hello, thanks for reply to my problem, but i cant do what you said, i open c drive in my comp, and open docs and settings, click all users, and when i open file at top, the create short cut is greyed out, what i want to do, is to send some pics etc, from my docs on C drive, to a folder on my F drive, thanks Steve keeley"

It is not in All Users it is in Your Profile eg C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Sendto

In any event can tyou not simply drag and drop the files in Explorer?

bremner 17:34 18 Jan 2006

ps

Please do not use the email - others will then not be able to contribute or gain the knowledge for themselves. This is an open forum where everything should be posted to the thread.

Skyver 17:36 18 Jan 2006

Start menu/run, type `sendto`; Opens an Explorer window in the relevant folder.

Wuggy 17:42 18 Jan 2006

Note that the 'Send to' folder is a hidden folder. Once you have opened C:/Documents & Settings click on the Tools menu, click on Folder Options, in the wimdow which opens click the 'View' tab and click on 'Show hidden files and folders' to make the Send to folder visible. Remember to reverse procedure if you wish to keep files hidden.

bremner 17:48 18 Jan 2006

Thanks - forgot that always having mine set to show hidden folders.

Stuartli 18:26 18 Jan 2006

Also see:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?