How do I access more than one web page?

ray27 08:38 23 Apr 2005

I am using Windows XP Home with internet Explorer
Whenever I attempt to access more than one web page the other one closes down.
Can anyone tell me what the problem is ?
I am sure it is only a matter of getting the settings right but I am not sure where to start
Many Thanks for any advice
Ray

timeteam2004 08:45 23 Apr 2005

click here Use this. It is a tabbed browser based on IE with popup killer etc. Have multiple pages open at once with no problems.

billyliv 08:49 23 Apr 2005

Hi, All I do is, minimize the page I am on then open another one. Minimized pages lie in your task bar and are numbered. Cheers, Bill

jammin 09:01 23 Apr 2005

download and use firefox for your browser - easy tabbed pages

ray27 09:01 23 Apr 2005

I have tried what you sugest but the problem is still there
After a bit of investigation the problem appears only when I am using the favorite option
If I access webb pages by typing them in the search engine each time they will stay there

rawprawn 09:02 23 Apr 2005

I put a quick launch icon on the Taskbar, then if I am looking at one site I just click on the Icon and it opens a new Web Page then I can the alternate between them. Alternatively download Firefox, put a quick launch Icon in the Taskbar and use two browsers at the same time.

Stuartli 09:20 23 Apr 2005

If you switch to Firefox (or any browser that supports tabbed pages), you can have several pages open each with one or more tabbed pages..:-)

Just switch from one page to another as necessary.

ray27 09:22 23 Apr 2005

If I just use the favorite option I can only access one page but if I use internet explorer each time and minimise them as billylv sugest they stay there so I will do this in the future
Many thanks for all the advice
Regards Ray

theodor 10:05 23 Apr 2005

The browser settings for Internet Explorer are under Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Browsing & try experimenting with “Reuse windows for shortcuts” to change settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?