How Do I

EARLR 19:02 29 Mar 2008

transfer 1 e-mail from 1 comp. to another ?

MAT ALAN 19:09 29 Mar 2008

Email it!!!

VoG II 19:13 29 Mar 2008

Depending on your e-mail client, somewhere you will find a Forward option. Forward it to the e-mail account on the second PC.

MAT ALAN 19:17 29 Mar 2008

glad somebody's a mind reader...

EARLR 08:13 31 Mar 2008

But I was looking for a way to use a memory stick.

Gongoozler 08:35 31 Mar 2008

You can't copy an email from one computer Inbox to another. The problem is that the Inbox is a single file containing all the emails compressed. What you can do is select File - Save As, and save the email in eml format. Double clicking an eml file will open it in Outlook Express.

Technotiger 08:48 31 Mar 2008

So why on earth did the words 'memory stick' not appear in your initial question ??

The Guys/Gals on here are pretty good, but I don't think any of them are mind-readers.

Sorry, but I feel I had to say what I feel all the above are thinking - oooh, maybe I am a mind-reader LoL.

Anyway, we all forgive you for the slip - but sorry to say, I don't think what you are asking can be done the way that you had hoped.

EARLR 15:11 31 Mar 2008

Your answer made me think. Since it was only the attachments that I needed. And since that comp. was not connected to the internet I could not forward it.
I remembered how to do it.
The old mind needs jogging once in a while.

Sorry for taxing the mind-reading abilities of all concerned.

By the way is there an explanation of all the terms used such as "LoL" etc. they were not used when I started in this business in the time of "opp codes & registers"

Thanks again

Technotiger 18:15 31 Mar 2008

LoL = Laughs out loud. Or Lots of Love.
BTW = By the Way.
IMHO = In My Humble Opinion.

Look out for lots more to be added .........

woodchip 18:27 31 Mar 2008

So why not click the attachment and save it to your stick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?