how do

computerdiv 09:44 21 Apr 2008

i have been forced to use my talk talk modem as my belkin 1 is up the duff. i have tried to enter my IP address in IE7. This brings up a dialog box asking for my username and pass word. I enter them but nothing happens. it does state (Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection)).what does this mean?. Can any one help, thanks

woodchip 09:51 21 Apr 2008

You just press Enter for OK as IE will akways bring that box up. If you do not want to see it again tick the little box before you press Enter, If you do not do the above it will stop you going anywhere

FatboySlim71 10:01 21 Apr 2008

First of all a better title would have been better, the title "how do" does not help anyone, especially someone who may suffer the same problem as you and searches this forum for a answer/solution.

The dialog message sounds to me that it is saying that, your username and password are been sent out over a unsecure connection. I find this strange because sensitive information like usernames and passwords are usually only sent over a secure connection.

Is there not an option where you can choose to send the username and password out via a secure network or (SPA) SECURE PASSWORD AUTHENTICICATION?

woodchip 10:06 21 Apr 2008

It does the above when it's connected Wireless to a Modem. As is modem may not be encrypted

Woolwell 10:54 21 Apr 2008

Is your TalkTalk piece of kit a modem or a modem/router and how are you connected to it?

The IP address that is entered into the browser (IE7 or the others) is normally that used to access the configuration page of the modem/router. It is not your IP address but the IP address of the modem/router.

Is your Talktalk modem installed correctly?

computerdiv 11:31 21 Apr 2008

help

johnnyrocker 11:38 21 Apr 2008

resolved how?

johnny

FatboySlim71 12:47 21 Apr 2008

It does help others if you find a solution to post how you solved it.

Woolwell 12:50 21 Apr 2008

Suspect not resolved click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?