How to dissable inserts in NCD?

ACOLYTE 22:09 15 Mar 2006

I wont to print some covers off for DVD i have the templates and am using express-it labels i can set up cover designer to use these but every time i want to do a new cover i have to disable the front/back inserts before i print is there a setting that can disable these all the time?

User-312386 22:33 15 Mar 2006

I have looked for the answer on this as well and have not found it.

I just untick the 2 and print

ACOLYTE 22:49 15 Mar 2006

Yes,thats what i do now i was just wondering if there was a way to set it just to print the cd/dvd cover,oh well lol.

woodchip 22:56 15 Mar 2006

You should not have to do any of the above, all you should need to do is when you see the sheet on screen fill what you want to print, and printer will only see what is graphics etc. It's not going to try to print blank page or bits that have nothing on them. I use PressIt but if i wanted to just print one insert or one CD label, that's all I would fill in. Doing it this way, You are better then turning the sheet so it does not create problems next time you use the same sheet to print the other bits

ACOLYTE 13:30 16 Mar 2006

Sounds like an idea,i may give it a try i never actually thought of doing it that way,wouldnt it still feed the blank page through the printer though?

pj123 13:42 16 Mar 2006

Why use NCD? Get yourself Discus. I use this exclusively for anything CD/DVD label related.

click here

You can download a demo for free but it has a watermark "DEMO" on it.

It has templates for any label paper and printers.

ACOLYTE 18:01 17 Mar 2006

I tried the woodchip way and it did work ok took me a little longer than it normally does because i wasnt used to how it should work,but when i did get it sorted it was ok,pj123 i looked at the program u mentioned and it seems a good app,it's a pity the demo version has the watermark on the printouts,other than that it looks good,i already have NCD and express-it and between them i get most things done)
,thx for the help guys.

woodchip 18:12 17 Mar 2006

So you learned something new. Glad about that as that's what it's all about

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?