How to delete a Yahoo email folder?

splinternet 18:02 20 Jan 2006

Sounds easy enough, doesn't it? But I can't for the life of me see how to do it. Can anyone help? (have managed to delete all the email's in the folder, so it's empty - I just want to complete the housekeeping and delete the folder).

brambles 20:25 20 Jan 2006

You can only delete folders you hsve created. You will not be able to delete Inbox/Draft/Sent/Bulk/Trash.

Assuming it is a self created one this is how you do it - look for very small print.

Just to the right of the Folders sign you will see
Add-Edit. Click on Edit this will take you to a new page where all the folders are listed.

Any self created ones will have Rename - Delete
just after the title. Delet the Folders you want to.

I think I remember your name from another posting - really on the same type of topic. I don't think you can download sent messages I've never been able to do so. What I did was send the message to myself & then drag it into the Sent folder in OE.

Hope this helps.

Brambles
Your Yahoo WebMail will still be available - it can be very useful!

splinternet 08:28 21 Jan 2006

Brambles - many thanks. I can't think how I missed the delete function .... I'd already found "Add/Edit" and gone into Edit, but the "Rename/Delete" function after each folder must have hit my blindspot. Regarding downloading mail from folders, I think if I transfer everything to Yahoo Inbox and mark it as unread, then OE will download it ... then I can manually drag & drop into like-named local folders in OE. Can you set up Rules in OE (like you can in Outlook) so, for example, any mail in Inbox which has been sent from yourself will go into the Sent folder?

brambles 15:32 21 Jan 2006

splinternet - You will be able to create message rules in Outlook Express in exactly the same way as you did in Outlook. No - you will not be able to save messages you send to yourself in the Sent folder - I've just tried it and the option is greyed out.

Easist thing is to create a new folder 'Web Mail Sent' Hope this helps

Brambles

brambles 15:35 21 Jan 2006

Outlook Express will download everything in your Web Mail Inbox irrespective of whether you've read it or not!

Brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?