How to delete files

TheDarkOrc10 15:34 09 Aug 2010

Yeah have windows vista but cant remove two folders malwarebytes in the program files and another copy of this folder in my documents could you explain to me how to get round the fact it stops me from deleting these files even though it tells me I dont have permision.

I am the admin but vista is configured to make it tricky I dont know how to use takedowns etc. I need specific letter by letter advice to run the program that does the take control thingy so I can delete these folders.

I will post the folder paths if that would help.

johndrew 16:35 09 Aug 2010

Have you used the uninstaller or unistalled via Add/Remove?

You could also look at these click here click here click here

I often find that moving such files to the Desktop, rebooting and then deleting them also works. It may however leave Registry entries which require clearing with something like Ccleaner, Advance System Care, Glary Utilities or RegScrub.

shallyd 06:40 10 Aug 2010

It is because the file in that folder are in use so you have to stop the processing of those file.

Do one thing restart your computer and then go to control panel and try to uninstall from there if still it is not possible then click here

daytimers82 00:12 11 Aug 2010

Use Acronis

tullie 08:07 11 Aug 2010

Acronis what,to delete the files?

ridicle 08:59 18 Aug 2010

Tullie yes you can delete files, if you know how.

tullie 10:25 18 Aug 2010

Could you explain which Acronis programe you refer too

Terry Brown 10:45 18 Aug 2010

Can you start your computer in SAFE mode, delete the files and then reboot.

You may also have registry entries to be deleted, unless you are sure of what you are doing - Do not touch.
Terry

dessi 21:44 28 Aug 2010

hi have you heard of Revo Uninstaller pro free version it does a complete job; Google it and have a read

Philion 22:15 22 Oct 2011

Look at processes in your task manager, if you see the process with the same nme with file you want to delete, cancel it and then you would be able to delete

tullie 19:22 23 Oct 2011

Threads a year old.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?