How to delete the beta version of Windows Vista?

Daibus 10:36 03 Nov 2008

Some time ago I installed the beta version of Windows Vista as a second trial OS on my PC.

How do I now delete Vista completely as I think it may be slowing my computer and I only ever use Windows XP on this PC?

Many thanks.

Daibus 18:31 03 Nov 2008

Bump.

Ashrich 18:46 03 Nov 2008

It would only slow your PC down if it was running , I don't think it will be able to have any effect otherwise as it has not loaded . I would suggest trying to format that partition , right click on My Computer and scroll down to Manage , double click on Storage then on Disk Management , you'll see the Vista partition there . Having read a bit more about this , I also suggest you click here and read about removing the Vista boot manager as well .

Ashley

chub_tor 19:08 03 Nov 2008

There is a good guide here for uninstalling Vista Beta 2 from a dual boot partition click here

sunnystaines 19:22 03 Nov 2008

i reformatted the vista drive, but had a lot of problems booting back into xp afterwards for some reason.

Daibus 12:14 04 Nov 2008

Many thanks for all your replies.

When I go into Disk Management as Ashrich suggested, I can't seem to identify the Vista partition.

Could it be identified with a different name, I was wondering?

Cheers.

Ashrich 19:31 04 Nov 2008

I reckon you should first follow the link I posted to remove the Vista boot loader , when that is gone then you can go about deleting the Vista partition .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

Best Free Video Tutorials for Drawing and Painting

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie