How to create a space between Table and Text?

billy_sw 19:36 04 Oct 2006

I am using Dreamweaver and have placed tables containing pictures with captions within a page of text that sits within a layer.

My problem is that the table with the image butts up against the text (i.e there is no space between the two). Could anyone advise as to how I can create space between the table and the text.

I'm a pure novice and have consulted a couple of books I bought and also looked online but haven't been able to fix what must be a straightforward problem.

Hope someone can help.
Thanks

Billy

ade.h 20:18 04 Oct 2006

Sounds like you need to add either padding or margin depending on your requirements. If you're testing it on a server, give us a link and I'll have a look.

billy_sw 21:05 04 Oct 2006

Thanks
To try and create the space I have done as you suggested and have added some cell padding within the table. I then shifted the contents of the cell to the left or right to create the appearance of space between the table and the text outside the table.

I had thought that perhaps I could have achieved the above via the properties inspector along the samw lines as when you insert an image into a page and adjust the H and V settings.

My site is still in the development stage so I can't point you to a link yet.
Cheers
Billy

AndySD 12:02 05 Oct 2006

If you are using a cascading style sheet then add a class like

.imageright {

margin-right: 20px;

}

.imageright can be renamed as long as the . is there first. Change the 20 to whatever you want.

Then in the html page click on the image and in the property inspector click on the class dropdown and choose imageright

billy_sw 20:33 05 Oct 2006

Thanks Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?