how to create PDF documents

Newuser3477 09:06 09 Dec 2008

I have a adobe pdf reader programme. How do I convert a word document to a pdf file which can be emailed and read by others
Peter

Technotiger 09:10 09 Dec 2008

If it is not a particularly large document you could just send it as an Attachment.

Or, in my Word, there is a Create PDF button on the top menu. Never used it, but I guess one just follows the on-screen prompts within Word.

Technotiger 09:15 09 Dec 2008

I have just had a closer look at my Word and its Create PDF button - I also have in my armoury a program called PDF Converter 4 Pro, and it is this program which has apparently put the button into Word, so you probably won't have the same button - Unless, of course Adobe also puts itself into Word?

redsparrow 09:16 09 Dec 2008

This is one i have been using for a long time and it is free.

click here

Have not tried on large docuements, but works well for me.

Newuser3477 09:34 09 Dec 2008

Peter

Pineman100 09:44 09 Dec 2008

If you click File>Print, and then in the print window you click the down-arrow beside the field called Printer Name, you should see Adobe PDF listed as one of the printer choices - click on it.

Then click Print, and you'll be asked to specify a file name and location. Then click Save.

Once the file is saved, you should find that Adobe Reader will automatically launch and show your file in PDF format.

scotty 11:41 09 Dec 2008

Open Office (available as a free download) can open Word documents and has a save as PDF option.

I would also agree with redsparrow that primePDF is a good add on to use with Word.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017