How to copy and email Passport

ponytail 10:26 12 Aug 2013

My wife needs to copy and email the front page of her passport andemail it to the organiser of a walking holiday she is going on next year.What is the easiest / simplest way of doing it

Chronos the 2nd 11:07 12 Aug 2013
  tullie 11:13 12 Aug 2013

If your printer doesent scan maybe photocopy it at your local library

tullie 11:14 12 Aug 2013

Forget that,you have to email it.

ponytail 11:33 12 Aug 2013

Hi tullie & Chronos the 2nd My printer does scan and photo copy if I how do I select where it goes to how do I know where to find it.My printer is a Brother DCP-J315W and I use windows 7 if that helps

Chronos the 2nd 11:46 12 Aug 2013

Have you not had this conversation before about where your scanner stores it's files?

With my Epson and Samsung printers they, by default, create a folder in the My Pictures library and I would imagine that is where Brother will also store the scans. But at some point in the scan process or settings will be an indication where the scans are placed.

lotvic 12:45 12 Aug 2013

Well, looking back at your previous threads, you haven't got the hang of it yet ;-) Maybe this will help as it is the instructions with screen pics. (I'll put the link at the end of my post as pca formatting seems to chop off any of my text after I've posted a link..)

Locate files scanned with ControlCenter3. Note the instructions at step 5 and 6

5 The Destination Folder field will display the default destination for all files scanned with the Scan to File button. You will need to open this folder to view scanned documents

6 To change the default Destination Folder browse to the location you want to save your files and click OK. All subsequent scans using the Scan to File button will be saved in this location

Locate files scanned with ControlCenter3 ClickHere

Chronos the 2nd 12:56 12 Aug 2013

That's very helpful lotvic well done.

ponytail 13:17 12 Aug 2013

Sorry for being a pain in the butt chaps but this is what I have been doing so far Clicked on configuration and chose destination folder which I had just created within my documents.Clicked on file scan started Checked destination folder scanned item was there and it was a jpeg image Then signed into my email account which is hotmail clicked on new then clicked on insert then files as attachments but the folder I scanned to is not listed

ponytail 13:18 12 Aug 2013

I scanned this old invoice twice and it has gone to the destination folder and when I go into the folder they are both there

lotvic 13:55 12 Aug 2013

Okay,,, to save hassle, try: Move or copy the scanned .jpg to a folder that is listed.

Open outlook.com > top right, left side of your name, click the Gear icon > select More Mail Settings > under Writing emails, select Attachments > select Always send files as attachments > click Save when done.

Practice by sending yourself an email with an attachment.

It may be some comfort to know that if you are using webmail Outlook.com (hotmail) you are not the only one having problems sending attachments

"I'm not able to work with attachments in Outlook.com" Page1 ClickHere and page11 ClickHere

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?