How to copy cds/dvds

Need4Speed 09:17 23 Nov 2005

As the title suggests how do you go about it?

DieSse 10:04 23 Nov 2005

Normally your system and/or CD/DVD writer will come with software to do just that. The commonest is Nero.

Do you have Nero or similar software?

Do you have a CD or CD/DVD writer?

pj123 16:26 23 Nov 2005

As DieSse suggests. You need to respond or you won't get many answers.

palinka 16:26 23 Nov 2005

As DieSse says; and in addition I understand that Windows XP has its own "writer", but I've no experience of that as I use Nero on Windows ME.
Basically, (unless XP makes my informatin completely wrong) you can't just copy to a CD/DVD as you do to a flppy disk. Sfter you've saved whatever-it-is somewhere on your computer you then need software such as Nero to , in effect, carry out the copying process. This copying is known as "burning", so if you have software that came with your PC that refers to "burning" that's what it's for. Of course , as DieSse says you need a CD writer and or DVD writer - note writer, not just player, but virtually all PCs now scome with at least a CD writer; it may be a combined CDwriter/DVD player, but if it's that you can at least write to CD.,
But just re-read the title of your thread - "how do you COPY CDs?". Never had occasion to do this, and some copying is illegal; but assuming it isn't in your case I'll leave this to those who have experience.

Need4Speed 18:14 23 Nov 2005

yes i have a cd-dvd re-writer. just wondered how to do it?

DieSse 22:17 23 Nov 2005

Do you have Nero, or similar software?

DieSse 22:22 23 Nov 2005

Nero - and Easy CD-Creator (the two big ones) have a copy facility built-in. I would assume that other similar software has similar facilities - but it's difficult to advise unless you give us a bit more information in the first place.

Nero Express is very inexpensive, and will do all you want in the way of CD/DVD work. Copying CDs is very simple. DVDs a tad more complex. Most commerecial DVDs have copy protection anyway, and legally you shouldn't be copying them.

There's loads of help in Nero on how to do these things.

Need4Speed 08:36 24 Nov 2005

This is the laptop I have recently bought click here. Is there a program that allows me to copy cds/dvds on there.

mikegm7 18:22 26 Nov 2005

Roxio Digital media

quack 12:22 29 Nov 2005

Record Now is a burning programme.

Totally-braindead 13:35 29 Nov 2005

Why not just buy a few blank CDs and try them on your computer, they aren't expensive and it would be the easiest way to learn.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone