How to contact AVG ?

Creditman 15:45 01 Apr 2007

Just installed AVG 7.5 (free)& tried to register,entering email address & user id as requested. Was then told my email address was already in use & therefore I could not proceed. This is clearly impossible but I cannot find how to phone or email AVG - their technical support is not available to free version users. Any ideas please ? Thanks.

johndrew 15:54 01 Apr 2007

Technical Support is, as you say, only available with the commercial versions - quite reasonably. Were you running a version of AVG Free in the past? If so you probably registered that.

VoG II 15:55 01 Apr 2007

You could try the forum click here

Totally-braindead 16:00 01 Apr 2007

Bit puzzled as to the register bit. I have never had to register it. You download it and run it, it picks up your name from your computer and assigns the program as serial number. I've never had to register it ever.

Have you perhaps either loaded the full AVG anti virus or the AVG 7.5 antispyware by mistake?

p;3 16:03 01 Apr 2007

do you have a problem with the avg program?

Creditman 17:52 01 Apr 2007

Sorry - I should have made it clear that I am trying to register to use the free forum but cannot login despite getting new userids & passwords !! Very frustrating. I have no problem with the AVG program but like to have the forum available. Thanks

johndrew 20:30 01 Apr 2007

Well if that is all you want, simply go to the forum (VoG™`s post) select Login and enter your e-mail for a new password.

p;3 20:35 01 Apr 2007

a hint; make sure you save somewhere you can find it in your OE your e mail with your log in details

Creditman 14:11 02 Apr 2007

johndrew - thats exactly what I did,then tried to register with new password & was told it was invalid !! I finally got a reply from AVG which was that the free version was not supported.

johndrew 14:58 02 Apr 2007

If you open AVG go to Information>Register Online it will take you to the registration page from where you can contact the Webmaster for the Free Forum and advise of your difficulty.

p;3 15:25 02 Apr 2007

for information; I am using the avg free version AND have registered WITH the avg forum .....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?