how to change unwanted registry change

  notrom 07:30 02 Mar 2007

I have some software which detects attempted registry changes. The little window that pops up when this happens was compressed so I couldn't see which box was for 'accept registry change' and which was for 'deny registry change' (can't remember if those are the exact words). Unfortunately, I clicked 'accept' rather than 'deny'. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the software so I can't search for it to undo the accepted registry change.

Any suggestions what to do? As I really don't feel at all safe editing the registry myself, I need something very simple. Have found
Advanced Registry Tracer via Google, which says it will 'roll back undesirable changes', is this a good piece of software to use?

Thanks in advance.

  STREETWORK 07:32 02 Mar 2007

Create a system restore point, then roll back to previous restore point before you made this change, then if it goes amiss you can change it back again.

  Simsy 07:34 02 Mar 2007

you install now to perform such a task will only be able to come back to to time it is itself installed, so that wont help with this particular situation...

System Restore should do the trick in this instance...

If you can remember when this happenned go back to the most recent point BEFORE it happened.

You may have to redownload any Windows/AV/antispyware updates after doing this.

Good luck,



  notrom 08:03 02 Mar 2007

Thanks STREETWORK and Simsy - system restore so easy! Yet again, can't believe how good this forum is - problem resolved in just a few minutes. By the way, the original software whose name I'd forgotten is Spybot which popped up as I used system restore - any ideas how to uncompress it so everything can be read properly?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?