How to change Taskbar colour ?

HariboFan 18:37 10 Jul 2004

I have just changed me wallpaper to my fav football teams,bright red,but i can only get the taskbar in silver,blue or green.Any idea how i customise its colour.I have Tweak UI but doesnt seem to help.
Any advice much appreciated !!

Old Shep 18:47 10 Jul 2004

Give us a clue what OS you are using.

Old Shep 18:48 10 Jul 2004

Ps Hope that does not mean Liverpool!!!!

SANTOS7 18:53 10 Jul 2004

click here this is the only way you will get your taskbar red download and search for a skin that matches more or less the colour you want

HariboFan 18:54 10 Jul 2004

Windows XP and the best team in the North East,One that is making the Chelsea billionaires look like skinflints at the moment !!

Chegs ® 19:03 10 Jul 2004

I used "StyleXP" software to change my desktop to colours I like.To alter the various colours requires delving into the registry to stop "Windows File Protection" from either crashing the computer or changing the colours back every reboot,use of a Hex Editor to alter various system files(explorer.exe)etc.Its not for the fainthearted/novice.

This is for XP,but 98se uses similar files so its possible to do 98se as well.click here

Old Shep 19:03 10 Jul 2004

Must be Middleborough tnen - although someone on the telly said they were in Yorkshire - which I do not believe. Have you tried Right Click on your desktop/Select properties/Appearance and then select the colour from there. By the way to my shame I support Leeds but don't tell anyone.

HariboFan 19:20 10 Jul 2004

They have just scrapped Cleveland and Boro is now in North Yorkshire.Well done,even we forget that one.Hope selling/leaseback of Elland road goes OK !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?