How to change page name??

JAC13 18:25 30 Nov 2007

Hi, My website is up and running at its basic design at the moment. It was mentioned in my other thread that the page names, ie page2.html looked amateurish. so how do I change the page names? Ive changed them in my webbuilder software but if I try to change them in my file manager in heart It doesn't load. ie, I changed page2.html to Events but it didn't work!! How do I do it?
jac

JAC13 18:26 30 Nov 2007

Sorry, web site is click here

thanks!

CodeMeister 18:40 30 Nov 2007

Hi JAC13,

You can rename "page2.html" to "events.html" in the same way that you would rename any other file (i.e. right-click and choose "rename") or you could simply load the file in a simple text editor and do "file" and then "save as".

You can then upload the renamed file to your web space using your FTP client and then delete the file with the old name. You will of course need to change any links to the renamed pages.

e.g.

<a href="page2.html">blah blah</a>

would become

<a href="events.html">blah blah</a>

It might even improve the search engine optimisation if your file names are similar to the content that they contain.

mco 23:28 30 Nov 2007

You are using serif webplus 9 aren't you? If you load up your site and right click on a page to bring up the 'page properties' box - then where it says filename make it say - for instance - events.html and then save and load it up to the internet again it should change. Make sure the filename has .html at the end. I like the look of your site btw

JAC13 10:07 01 Dec 2007

Thanks CodeMeister and mco, thats sorted now. Yeah Im quite pleased with the way the sites coming along now, its funny how something is explained and it all makes sense..lol.
thanks again
jac

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?