How change name on PC

MikejgL 15:39 28 May 2008

Our parish is about to change its vicar, and I need to update the parish computer. How can I change the name which appears at the top of the 'START' pane from that of our old vicar to that of the new? I have tried to change the name on the folder at C:/Documents and Settings/.. but Windows will not let me - tells me it's a system file. I'm pretty sure that I should be able to do this by editing the registry, but not sure how. Any suggestions gratefully received.

wis 15:46 28 May 2008

control panel user accounts

wis 15:47 28 May 2008

and do not go near registry

hiwatt 16:00 28 May 2008

Yeah as wis says.If you go to start/settings/control pannel and choose user accounts you can then choose change an account and then change the name.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:00 28 May 2008

Change owner click here

Change Name and Company Information After You Install Win XP

Start/Run/Regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion in the left pane.

Then In the right pane, double-click RegisteredOrganization. Under "Value data", type the name that you want, and then click OK.

To change the name of the registered owner, In the right pane, double-click RegisteredOwner. Under "Value data", type the name that you want, and then click OK/Exit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?