How can I watch ashes cricket on a PC in Lanzarote Canary Islands

antboiler 11:40 24 Nov 2013

Is there a freeeview site for audio or TV coverage of the Ashes cricket series in Australia. I have tried the BBC sites but I can't use them here in Lanzarote. I thought www. meant world wide web. Why can't I watch or at least listen to the cricket here?

Batch 12:16 24 Nov 2013

One possibility (which requires pre-planning and so may not be appropriate for you right now) is a Sling Box. You locate this in the UK (e.g at your UK home) and it 'captures' UK broadcasts and transmits them (to you) over the Internet.

The alternative is to find somewhere that has Sky Sports as it is shown on that (and I'm guessing that it would be available via satellite in the Canaries).

alB* 12:21 24 Nov 2013

You could try this site enter link description here ...alB

alB* 12:52 24 Nov 2013

Jockie, yes, use it all the time, I haven't downloaded the desktop app, just use the flash streams, sometimes gets a bit stuttery but otherwise it's fine, watched the Carl Froch fight last night without any problems ...alB

tullie 13:39 24 Nov 2013

Had a look at the site alB suggested and picked up a Trojan along the way,so not for me.

alB* 14:42 24 Nov 2013

tullie, I'm sorry to hear that, I've used that site for over twelve months and never had a problem, along with the usual AV/firewall I regularly scan with MBAM and SAS and always get a clean report, I will be more vigilant now just in case, once again apologies to you ...alB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?