HOW CAN I TYPE ONTO A ADOBE ACROBAT DOC

danny0001uk 09:34 11 Apr 2003

Hi i would like to know how to type on to a document which is in .pdf format

Thanks

Danny

if you cant type on it is there any converters avalible for pdf to doc

GroupFC 09:41 11 Apr 2003

My understanding is that .pdf is a read only file so you obviously won't be able to type on it.

I am not sure about any converters, but I suppose you could try the Adobe website.

DieSse 09:45 11 Apr 2003

pdf files are non-editable, they are not like WP files. Look here for advice on what to do - which is essentially convert them into editable form, edit them, then convert them back to pdf.

click here

galatic door 09:45 11 Apr 2003

im sure you can't write onto them but if you could it would be using acrobat writer

Hello again group fc

Taran 09:46 11 Apr 2003

You can use the text select and graphics select tools in Acrobat Reader to copy from the PDF file to an external document like Word. That is, as long as the document has not been protected, in which case you cannot select anything.

You can open PDF files in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop for minor editing, or in Adobe Acrobat if you have it, but this depends very much on whether the files have been locked and when the above two applications save a PDF file it grows to an alarming size.

The whole point to a PDF file is that is enables the originator to distribute their documentation in a form that is consistent and cannot be edited.

There are legal issues here about altering the PDF source file to begin with, as well as the necessity for some quite expensive software to do so.

There are PDF converters available, some of them are even free or trialware. Take a look at click here and type in PDF to the search field for lots of alternatives, but be careful what you do with the file.

Remember those legalities !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires