How can I stop command prompt auto-exiting?

Ben 216 19:41 18 Feb 2007

Hi,

I've downloaded a freeware game, but cannot run it because when it starts the command prompt exits closing the game.

If I run 'cmd' I can browse to the game.exe file and run it ok, because the command prompt stays open.

Is there a way to stop this happening when I click on the shortcut or game file itself?

skidzy 19:52 18 Feb 2007

What is the game ben.

Do you have any problems with anything else auto running.

Autorun repair tool,though this is meant for running from disc.
click here

Ben 216 00:22 19 Feb 2007

Hi, the problem isn't that the game runs itself, it's that when I run the game by clicking the icon, it launches the command prompt which launches the game, but as soon as the command prompt finishes its part of loading the game it terminates & closes, closing the game with it. I've also had this problem when I've compiled programmes in C++, as soon as the program ends the command prompt closes so you don't get to see what the result was.

If I go start --> run --> 'cmd' then browse to the file and run it, it executes the code, but then waits for an exit command before closing, and so works fine.

The game is Frozen Bubble click here

Thanks,
Ben.

Ben 216 00:39 19 Feb 2007

click here

And have written a .bat file as follows:

cd..

cd..

cd program files

cd frozen-bubble

cmd.exe /k frozen-bubble.exe

This makes it easier to start a single application, but there must be a way of stopping the prompt from closing withough this?

Ben 216 00:40 19 Feb 2007

without this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires