How can I scan multiple documents and merge

wrg 10:46 22 Mar 2009

Morning everyone. I have a Dell AIO. It has its own scanning software. I want to scan loose leaf music scores and then merge them into one document so that I can print off in a book form. I cannot seem to figure it out. I scan a few sheets but cannot seem to get them into one document. Would someone please be kind enough to offer some advice. Thanks

wrg

kindly 10:54 22 Mar 2009

I think what you will have to do ( I assume they are A4 size) is to scan them all into the computer to a folder of your choice, best to make a new one by right clicking and select "new folder". set the scanner to put them into this folder. When you have done that, you will need to use your printer program to print them in order you want. Unless you have a continues roll of paper where you can print a long sheet, you will have to print them onto A4 size anyway.
Hope this helps you.

wrg 11:01 22 Mar 2009

kindly

Thanks for your response. I suppose I could give each copy a number and then open each as I want to print. My printer is able to print dual sided.

Taff™ 12:18 22 Mar 2009

Which Software is used to scan the documents - ABBYY Finereader by any chance? You are basically scanning the music scores as images. Once you have each image you can simply insert each image into a Word document in whatever order you want and then print it out.

wrg 12:47 22 Mar 2009

Taff

Thanks for that. I try that and when I open a new document I insert image and then when I insert the next one it does not go on to a second page.

Sea Urchin 12:52 22 Mar 2009

Place the cursor below the image and use the Enter key to scroll to the next page.

Sea Urchin 12:56 22 Mar 2009

Or if you're using Word open a new document and then hold down the Enter key - just go down for as many pages as you will need. Then return to page 1 and insert the first image etc.

Taff™ 12:58 22 Mar 2009

Right Click the image, Properties and select Layout tab. I suggest you choose always in front of text. Then put in manual page breaks and drag each image to the pages you want. You may want to resize each image slightly which would allow you to add page numbers and any additional text you want.

wrg 13:38 22 Mar 2009

Thanks.

Just one more question then I will leave you all to enjoy the rest of your Sunday afternoon. Is it best to scan in the sheets as PDF or JPEG and what affect would either have on the print quality. Sorry that was 2 questions

Taff™ 14:10 22 Mar 2009

JPG I suggest which is an image format you can resize.

Taff™ 17:14 23 Mar 2009

How did you get on? Resolved?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?