How can I Rotate Video file 90 degrees clockwise

Z1100 12:49 31 Oct 2006

Hi,

I have a very short video file from a digital camera and I am using Nero Vision Express to stitch 4 videos together. One clip was shot with the camera in Portrait aspect and all the others were shot in Landscape aspect.

Yes, you got it, I really want the 1st one rotated 90 degrees so that we do not all have to turn our tellys and monitors 90 degrees CCW just to view it.

If I also said I do not want to pay for the ability would anyone have either;

1. Knowledge of how to do it in Nero.
or
2. Point me in the direction of a piece of shareware or free ware, even demo software that will do the rotation.

Oh, and just to keep the pressure up, the video is of a 2yr old on his bike and it has to go to USA so his Grandparents can see it as they have not seen him yet.

Hanx!
K.

GroupFC 12:58 31 Oct 2006

I am not at home at the moment so can't check, but I believe Windows MovieMaker, which ships with XP, can rotate video.

If you load the video in to MM2, rotate it, and then use the "finish movie" wizard to save it to your HD as an .avi file, that should be the job done.

Z1100 14:14 31 Oct 2006

And yes, I did mean to shout. I never knew that program existed in XP and I have been using XP and doing Hardware Diagnosis on PC's for an absolute age.

Why oh why Nero does not have that function is beyond me.

Buy yourself a drink GroupFC and em... I will pay for it next time I see you ;)

Hanx!.
K.

Z1100 14:20 31 Oct 2006

I could transfer some 35mm negatives to CD for you if you like because this really was an important piece of video...

GroupFC 14:54 31 Oct 2006

I am sure it is and thanks - but no thanks (to the CD that is, the drink is another matter!). I have enough footage of a 2yo on his bike, a 3yo on his bike, a 4yo on .... anyway you get the idea (my 2 boys are 12(nearly) and 8 (and unlikely to reach 9, if last night was anything to go by, but that is another story!)).

Anyway glad to have been of service!

Z1100 18:12 31 Oct 2006

It's what I do for a day job. Digitise negatives and repair photos.
Anyway,
Hanx!
K.

GroupFC 22:14 31 Oct 2006

OH I see, I got hold of the wrong end of the stick there (not unusual for me!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?