How can I rid myself of this program?

BeesFan 10:29 02 Jun 2004

Somehow my PC has picked up an itensely irritating program that keeps reconfiguring my IE6 homepage and loading a toolbar that over-rides all my others.

The website in question is click here and the toolbar in question is called 'loudway'

Using system mechanic Ive identified that it loads a program called saveerrorinfo.exe - ive tried deleting and disabling it, but it always reappears.

Ive also tried using adaware and spywareblaster but the damn thing keeps loading....

Please please can anyone help?

rawprawn 10:46 02 Jun 2004

Turn off system restore, reboot in safe mode (Press F8 when booting ) Then delete it.

anon1 10:54 02 Jun 2004

I doubt that will work. It will have several hooks in the registry to overcome that. You may find click here interesting reading and there is a registry key to lock your homepage on this link.

Sethhaniel 10:54 02 Jun 2004

Start - Run - MSCONFIG - Startup tab
untick program 'saveerrorinfo.exe'
save
reboot

rawprawn 11:30 02 Jun 2004

If my above post does not work, you can clear it out of the registry as follows. Start/Run type regedit/enter/ highlight My Computer/click Edit/ Find/ type saveerrorinfo.exe /click find next /Delete any thing shown with that name Do not touch anything else/ click find next and continue until no more are shown. Make a backup of your registry before taking this action in case of any mistakes.

BeesFan 11:35 02 Jun 2004

Thanks I'll try all of the above....hopefully one will work

Will report back :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?