How can I remove a Web page from my desktop

Graphicool1 11:44 12 Oct 2010

WinXP SP3

Hi Guy's
I realise that this sound's like a stupid question, but it isn't the way it sounds. I haven't just opened a Web page in IE. I opened eBay and right clicked the logo and clicked 'Properties'. Where it said it was the eBay logo gif. I wanted to put the eBay logo gif on my desktop to create a direct one click link to their site. I have had one before, althought on that occasion I didn't do it that way? But I can't remember how I did it. Still, for now that problem has been put in the shade.

When I clicked on the open Web page, it said something about 'an active Desktop' and did I want the logo on my desktop. I did and so I said yes! This is where everything went pear shaped, because I didn't just get the 'Logo' I got the whole active/live front page on my desktop. All my logo's are superimposed over the top of it!

When I 'Right' click it the menu doesn't contain 'Delete' or anything like it. Using the sliders I can make it smaller, but that's all I can do!

I want to remove it altogether, but the only thing I haven't tried is a 'System Restore'. There must be some way of removing it withour having to resort to that?

Nontek 11:47 12 Oct 2010

Try undoing Active Desktop.

chub_tor 12:16 12 Oct 2010

In future if you want to have a shortcut on your desktop to a web page open up your browser to the page you want then click and drag the icon and web address in the address bar from the bar onto your desktop. You may want to rename it afterwards as some are descriptively long.

Graphicool1 12:19 12 Oct 2010

SORTED

johnnyrocker 22:04 12 Oct 2010

how?

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?